Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Battle of the oil control films

Howdy! What kind of skin type do you have? Mine's combination to oily.. They say that it is the healthiest skin type. I'm the type who, after taking a bath and not putting anything on my face, starts to get oily after about 1.5-2 hours, and wakes up with an oily t-zone in the morning. 

For people like me, oil control films are a big must-have especially when going out on gimmicks and you don't want to outshine the disco ball. A friend of mine once asked me, among the common brands of oil control films, which one is the best in terms of oil absorption? That question challenged me to start an experiment to find out which one really is the best.

I went to Watson's and grabbed all the oil control films available there. I tried using a different oil control film everyday for 5 straight days, at the same time of the day (when I wake up in the morning when my t-zone is the oiliest). Based on my simple experiment, this is how the products ranked in my opinion, 5 being lowest and 1 as the best:

#5. Clean & Clear Oil Control Film (Blue)
117.75php for a pack of 60 sheets. This can absorb the oil on your face, yes, but not totally.. The sheets are pretty thin and sometimes, I would need to use 2 sheets in order to completely suck out the oil on my face.


#4. Clean & Clear Oil Control Film (Pink)
124.75php for a pack of 50 sheets. Oil control absorption is just as same as the blue one but this one smells oh so nice!! It has a strong grapefruit scent, so powerful that when I kept this along with my other oil control films in just one container, all the other oil control sheets in the different packs started to smell like grapefruit too haha! But don't worry, the smell doesn't cause discomfort to the nose.


#3. Gatsby Oil Clear Sheet
119.75php for a pack of 70 sheets. This is just a little bit better compared to the Clean & Clear films in terms of oil absorption. The sheets are also thin, I love the color tho! Size is bigger compared to the Clean & Clear sheets. With this one, one sheet is good enough to clean my face of the oil.


#2. Lab Works Oil Control Film
99.75php for a pack of 60 sheets. Compared to the three products mentioned above, the Lab Works sheets are thicker and even though they're just the same size as the Clean & Clear sheets, 1 sheet is good enough to remove all the oil on my face.


#1. Kleenex Facial Oil Blotter
front side of the sheet; the side you wipe your face with

back side.. so cuuuuuuuute!!
104.75php for a pack of 50 sheets, but there was a time it went on sale in Watson's for only 91.00php, not sure if they still sell it for that price. According to the plastic covering of the pack, it "absorbs 2x more oil than other film blotters", and indeed it stays true to its word! This one is different from the other oil films as this has a thin cottony layer at the back (with the leafy prints as seen on the picture above) that serves as an additional oil absorbing layer. This product I can say is the best among all 5 because with just 1 sheet, it can really suck out all the oil on my face leaving my face feeling fresh and smooth to the touch (but it doesn't dry out the face don't worry). As of now, this is my top oil blotting film. :)


Do you  know any other brands of oil blotters that you think work well? Share your thoughts by sending me a holler. :) Till my next post. Yeeehaaaw!! <):)

1 comment:

  1. My personal choice is Chambuu blotting sheets since it's organic and it doesn't have any fragrance (I have rhinitis so I am avoiding tissues that has perfume in it).

    You can purchase it here: http://amzn.to/1Rg1Kjt and use this code: WYMBLF6S for discounts. Discount code is working (I just tried it yesterday).

    ReplyDelete